Sunday, April 6, 2008

Prom

Our son just attended his first prom! We were so excited about all of the hoopla. He looked marvelous in his tux and his date was a beauty. She is JUST a friend, and she asked him to go. The theme of the prom was The Orient, and the group went to dine at Tokyo, a very nice Japanese restaurant, before going to the prom. After prom, they went cruising in the limo they had rented for the evening, and ended up at a friends house. Our son then parted from his date to meet up with some buddies for an all-nighter of hanging out and having fun. Fortunately for me, that friend lives in the same neighborhood as us, and I know the mom:) Ah, the safety net !! After all, all children need a balance of freedom AND limits!
After three boys, I am SO ready for a chance to buy a prom DRESS for my girls! Fortunately, they are eight years apart, so I can recover financially from one before paying for another!LOL! I know me, and I will DEFINITELY go overboard:)
I had to smile at the picture on the wall to the right of his head. It is him when he was about 1.5! They truly do grow up too fast!!

1 comment:

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Me again. Thought I'd say hi to all your posts...except I think I forgot the derby cars which were great! Love that your son got to spend an all nighter on prom AND YOU KNEW THE MOM! Way to go mom!!
Have a great week!
smiles,
jen