Monday, April 14, 2008

I Go Before You Always

No picture this time. Only my heart speaking love and thanksgiving to my God who gives as well as takes away. The wait has been getting increasingly more difficult. I do not ever doubt that the promise will be fulfilled, but I do question what will be left of me when it is. Will I have spent all of myself in the struggle to find peace in the wait. I want to have so much left for her. She deserves it!
I was praying for God to guide my path, and lay before me the sure knowledge that He was responsible for my direction. At Mass on Sunday, I stood to take my place in the line that would bring me before His altar, before Him, and allow me the great privilege of receiving His precious body that was given up for me. The song playing for Holy Communion drifted over the pews. It flowed into my ears and stirred my heart as God used its soothing words to reassure me of His divine plan. The song that I joined in to sing through my tears was, "Be not afraid. I go before you always. Come follow me. And I will give you rest." This is the very song I named my blog after! Thank you Jesus for your personal relationship with me!!
Amen!

2 comments:

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Robin, that gave me chills. How awesome is our God! Love you!
Smiles,
jen

Michelle Riggs said...

I love hearing about when God comforts us when we need it the most. Thanks for sharing. We will be praying for your family.