Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spa Time!



I found this picture of my daughter(middle) and two of her close friends. We had a spa party for them! It was great fun!! We did facials, manicures, pedicures, and fizzy, whirlpool foot baths. We also played a fun game of "Go Fish" with decorated bags that contained beauty items such as nail polish and emery boards, cotton balls and hair clips! They enjoyed that game so much they played it over and over!! They dined on sparkling juice and petite fores, chocolate-dipped giant strawberries and....well....pizza cause they ARE kids after all! I bought them all matching cozy robes and truly pampered them all evening:)

This picture reminded me that during this long journey to our children, we should not forget to pamper ourselves a little to keep us feeling fresh and to help us not to become weary travelers. We can go the distance!! If a trip to the spa helps...so be it:)

1 comment:

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Ya know I have NEVER been to a spa....
What a fun nite for the girls! I bet you are a great mom!
love,
jen