Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hanging in there!

I thought I would be posting about our swift entry into civil registry, but I am not. I am waiting to post about our entry into civil registry:) Once again I am the recipient of the "Hang in there" comment of encouragement. I am keeping my eyes on Jesus. He knows how long I need to hang in there. I am reminded of a playground I took my daughter to a few days ago. It had one of those hanging runner tracks that you hold on to the bars and glide down to the other end (and back again if you can keep a good grip). I lifted my daughter up to the bars(she couldn't quite jump as high as it was), and gave her a gentle push. There she went, back and forth a few times before her grip gave way and she came down only to ask me to lift her back up to try again. Hmmm. A good lesson in that for me. God knows how long my grip will hold, and He gives me rest when I cannot hang on any longer. He also knows that when I try again, I will hold on a little tighter, a little longer, because He has encouraged me.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Robin,

You are such an encouragement along the adoption journey. I am so appreciative of your e mails and prayers. You little girl is soooo beautiful! You will have her at a playground one day too.

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Hi Robin! Missed you! I love this new picture of your "Y" and can not wait to hear news soon with you!!
Talk soon friend!
smiles,
jen

Momma said...

Robin,

I know I've said it time & time again but I am so happy to have crossed your path. You are awesome. All I need to do is read one of your posts and I feel so much better.
"Y" is just too cute!!!! Can't wait to see her again.
Hoping you get into CR PRONTO my friend.

Angie