Friday, July 11, 2008

Alright already!!

Have you ever been yelled out by God? Well, sometimes I get yelled at. Today was one of those days. .(Kind of gives you insight in to the hardheaded, impatient person I am.) Really, I didn't know that my wandering eye was causing wandering thoughts. Should I take matters into my own hands? I could just speed up this whole thing! I could just do this, and then it would be decided. Future chosen. Choices made. Done.
A little background for you , so it doesn't sound like I am rambling...OK...I AM rambling, but isn't that what my blog is for?? :)
I was told to check out AGCI's new web page. It was great! As I was checking out the countries available to adopt from, I went to India. As I was looking at all of the pictures of the beautiful children, I wondered if I should switch countries, and just go on with an adoption of another child. Maybe two. A girl and a boy. Get the ball rolling. After all, these kiddos are beautiful! These kids need a home. I have time right now to do a new dossier. I could be like Nike and "Just Do It!"
Well, I went as far as to e-mail AGCI about a picture I saw on the website.
That is when it happened!! The YELLING I mean. I sat down at my kitchen table to do my morning reading/prayers/reflections. After an opening gratitude prayer, I picked up my Streams in the Desert book. OUCH! My ears were scorched!! The reflection was about Elijah and the brook, as it dwindled and dried up. God sent Elijah there. (Hmm, my situation in Guatemala, perhaps.) He stayed put, Elijah I mean, even with the circumstances being what they were, until the Lord spoke to him. (UH-OH! Could it be that the circumstances in Guatemala are causing me to panic a bit? Am I becoming anxious, and want to make other plans before God speaks?) Am I devising another plan, long before the brook dries up, and asking God to bless it, and heading elsewhere? (Paraphrased from the reflection.)
"God will often extricate us from the mess we have made(was I about to make a mess of things?), because "His love endures forever". "YET" (oooooooohhhhh, that word is powerful!) if we will only be patient and wait to see the unfolding of HIS plan, we will never have to turn back and retrace our way, with wasted steps...." (Again, paraphrased.)
Then , in the very last line in the reflection, in italics none the less (so I wouldn't miss it), came a VERY LOUD voice, saying..."Wait for the LORD". Patiently wait! (Psalms 27) I went and read the whole Psalms after that !!
Oh, I am to be patient and wait some more?!
Yes, Lord. I will quit my wandering eye. I will allow it only to look heavenward. I will await your command. As the brook dries up, I will try my best not to be fearful of what I see, I will see the circumstances through your eyes, for you see so much more that I do.

Amen.

2 comments:

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

Amen my friend Amen. I too needed to read this today. Thanks for sharing.
lv,
jen

Michelle said...

This is such a hard struggle isn't it Robin. I am longing for God to confirm our decision for Guatemala. I have wondered if we "missed it" I have been tempted to move forward. I wonder if I can even hear His voice at all sometimes. I so badly want you to e mail me so I can know if it is your little "y" in the last HH update for supporters.

rfams4him@verizon.net