Monday, July 7, 2008

Encouragement

I have been praying very diligently lately for many things. One thing especially is for encouragement. I have found God's word to be very helpful (like, duh!)!! Also, a devotional book that a friend gave me titled,"Streams in the Desert" has been a great complement to my morning prayer time.
About a week ago, as I was once again reflecting on the situation in Guatemala and with our adoption, I was praying especially hard about the path we have chosen to take, and was asking God to make it clear to me we were where He wanted us to be.
I read a quote from the book I mentioned, by a man named Matthew Henry, who said,"We can depend on God to fulfill His promise, even when all of the roads leading to it are "closed"." This was a very powerful message, because we all know Guatemala is CLOSED right now. God WILL fulfill His promise!! Now, "when" is another question I have been asking:)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh How I needed to read this!

Blessings!
Michelle