Monday, October 27, 2008

Another Shower Story

Okay, I admit this title was a bit misleading. We were not given another shower.... this story starts out with me in the shower. TMI????? Sorry about the visual this might leave with you all, but this story must be typed :-) Any hoo.....last week, Wednesday to be exact, I had my small group sharing with my Cursillo women(at 6:15 AM), and came home to do my daily reflections and bible readings, and intercessory prayers. After all of this, it was time for a nice hot shower. So far, so good. Well, in the middle of my shower, I felt the overwhelming need to be on my knees in prayer for our adoption. I hit the shower floor, and prayed until the water was getting cold! I stood up, got out of the shower, and proceeded to dry, dress, and get ready for the day. After I got dressed, I went to check the answering machine for any calls while I was indisposed, and sure enough there was that blinking red light to signal I had indeed missed a call while showering. Not to curious, I went to see who called. I figured it was Wubby saying he was on his way home for lunch, but was very much surprised to hear our case worker on the machine instead!! She asked me to call her back. I was VERY shaky when I dialed her back. I have had so many ups and downs on this journey, that I really didn't know if I wanted to know what she had to tell me. When she answered the phone, she gave me renewed hope in the form of a story about the Lord using people when they are unaware of it. A lawyer, a legal assistant, a small, beautiful child, and a story that only our Lord could craft. We have a break in our case! That news is simply overwhelming!!! We are headed for RENAP for our daughter's birth certificate!!! Yes, we have snatched the file from the very hands of the enemy, and are heading to the promised land :-) I really need a force of prayer warriors(and I know where to find them!!), to be sure we do not get kicked out of RENAP. If we get through this with her BC, she could be home for Christmas!!!!! My heart proclaims the Glory of the Lord!!! He has done this! He and He alone!!! He has used His mighty power to show us He is Lord!! I humbly bow my head to Him, and ask for His blessing and His mercy. Thank you Jesus! Amen!

8 comments:

Emily said...

God is so good. We will be praying!

Our journey said...

Praise God Robin! Uplifting you guys in prayer!

Momma said...

Robin,mi amiga,

You have brought me to tears....happy, happy tears.
I am praying fervently for you.
We SO NEED to pray that little chica home. Having spent time with her I can tell you she is a little love bug!!!! I cant wait to see her in your arms where she belongs.
Our God is so good!!!! Amen,Amen, Amen!!!!!!

Much Love Amiga,
Angie

Anonymous said...

This is SOOOO exciting!! i will be praying for you TONS!!

cb4swife said...

I saw this link on the AGCI list serve and I wanted to read all the details you could give :) I have been praying for you and will be praying for you! Oh Lord bring this little child l home for Christmas! God Bless! Shannon

Michelle Riggs said...

Oh Robin. I think about you and your daughter all of the time. Of course I wil keep praying.

Love,

Michelle said...

Robin!!!!!!!!!!! This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Please know I will be praying. I wish I had read about this sooner. Next time e mail me so I know right away if you do not mind. Oh what a perfect Christmas gift this would be for your family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HouseOfSmooches said...

Robin,

This is such good news!! I think about your daughter all the time and the miracle story that God is crafting!! I hope and pray to read more exciting news very soon!!