Thursday, October 16, 2008

Weather Forecast

Yesterday I had a meeting at work. Nothing too important, just the usual updates and a viewing of the new power points that we will be using in some of our classes.
I was running a bit behind in getting there, traffic was slow, etc... I didn't check the weather forecast before I left the house. Maybe I should have, but in retrospect, it would not have prepared me for the SHOWER I was about to run in to!! That's right! The wonderful ladies that I work with and around threw me a VERY unexpected toddler shower for our sweet Guatemalan princess!! I was reduced to tears! The decorations were so sweet, the food was delicious, and the cake was amazing!! But most beautiful was the prayer that was said to bless the food, and in thanksgiving for this opportunity to bring home our daughter in God's time, and to call to mind our Lord and His love for us!! Thank you ladies for the wonderful day!!
It could not have possibly come at a more needed time. Sometimes when the wait gets long, and the distance between me and my daughter seems more than just a plane ride away, I am in need of God's little pick-me-ups! This was a REALLY BIG pick-me-up!!! Thank you Jesus!!!
I prayed this morning to thank Him again for yesterday. I also asked Him if I could spend the "gift" , or should I wait a little bit longer. He promptly gave me the "go-ahead" to be a good steward of the gift I had received! Thank you Jesus for retail therapy!! :-) This Momma's goin' shopping!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Momma said...

You deserve that Amiga.
Enjoy that retail therapy.
Much Love Friend,
Angie

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

What a wonderful gift Robin! Have fun shopping!
love ya,
jen

Michelle Riggs said...

I love that they did this for you. You have great friends.

Praying for your adoption and your family.

Emily said...

How wonderful. Praying you get good news soon!