Saturday, November 1, 2008

Thanksgiving in October?


I didn't think it was possible. It was definitly handcrafted by God. :-) Last Sunday evening as I was cooking dinner, it dawned on me that our middle son had not left to go back to college. Hmmmm. His girlfriend was still there, too. Then I realized that our firstborn son was also home, and with his girlfriend no less! Our dear daughter was there as usual, and I made a quick phone call to get son #3 home from a friend's house as well. The wheels were turning very quickly in this brain of mine. Suddenly I started cooking even more!!! There was homemade beef stew, chicken and dumplings, mashed potatoes, baked beans, white gravy with peppercorns, fresh bread, and brownies hot out of the oven! I also brewed up my special sweet tea, which they can only get at home! A feast for sure!! We all sat down to eat together, and the laughter and smiles that accompanied the meal nourished our souls as much as the food nourished our bodies. Funny, but just the night before, Wubby had asked me what truly made me happy. I told him I was truly happy when our whole family got together and shared a meal. God was listening, and "overnighted" me an answer to a prayer!! Thank you Jesus!!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

awesome!

nell ann said...

That is such a sweet sweet story! And now I'm really hungry...

Three2Five said...

I love it! I am praying your case goes through and she is home with you for Christmas!!!!