Saturday, June 28, 2008

Decision Made

Dear Friends,
First of all, I wanted to officially say that Wubby and I have signed the postponement contract with AGCI for Guatemala. God is s-l-o-w-l-y unfolding His plan for us. We feel like we need to stay put!
That being said, I have been journaling for a purpose. Sometimes when I feel as if God isn't departing any direction for me, I can look back over a week or two of journaling, and there I will find my answer.
Some words I have been hearing are:
-Psalms 138: 1-3,7-8
...The lord will complete what He has done for me.
- God's pain in our suffering is even greater than our own.
-Luke 1:45
Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled.
-From the book,"Streams in the Desert"
The things that are most precious to us today have come to us through tears and pain.
- The story of Abraham and Sarah: Sarah could not wait on the Lord. She did not believe that His word to her and Abraham would come true. She took it upon herself to make things happen. I do not want to do that. I want to trust Him in the wait!!
- "Be still".
-Psalms 121:1
Lift up your eyes to the hills and go forward. There is no other way.
-It is by trusting you will know fellowship with Him.
-Isaiah 49:4
Though I thought I had toiled in vain,
and for nothing, uselessly spent my strength,
Yet my reward is with the Lord,
My recompense is with my God.
-Three times I was reminded that 1) You knit me in my mother's womb 2) from my mother's womb He gave me my name 3) the Lord called me from birth, from my mother's womb He gave me my name.
This lets me know that I am not forgotten. He knows right where I am.
-Isaiah 45: 2-3
I go before you and level the mountains; Bronze doors I will shatter, and iron bars I will snap. I will give you treasures out of the darkness, and riches that have been hidden away. That you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Awesome post. So glad you came by my blog and left a comment. We are also with AGCI and in postponement for Guatemala.

Blessings!
Michelle
www.journeytomercy.blogspot.com

come see me again sometime. I will be back.