Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bittersweet Memories

I would love to be posting a beautiful picture of our "Y" today, but alas, that is not to be. God has other plans than the ones I first thought were unfolding. At least He has another end to this story than the one I envisioned. His way will be infinitely more beautiful and will give Him the glory He deserves. I hope I can point to that glory and to Him in a way that will be pleasing to my Lord.
This is not to say that I am not sad beyond belief at this circumstance we are now in. Today is the one year anniversary of our referral call. I can clearly remember the time and day. It was a Tuesday. Mid-afternoon. It took two phone calls, one to start my heart, the next to send it soaring into heaven:) I was on my way to work to teach my parenting class, when my cell phone rang with confirmation of "Y". I remember crying, screaming, and wondering how in the world I was EVER gonna teach my class!!!
This memory will be with me always.
"I love you, my sweet, sweet little girl."

1 comment:

obligato said...

okay Robin i am crying now! you are such an amazing woman and example to us all. xoxo