Monday, May 12, 2008

Contemplation.

Wubby took this picture a few weeks ago, when the spring, green leaves had just made a good appearance. It was a lovely day.
As I reflect on this picture I am reminded of God's provision. The tree just stays put, and leaves the worrying to the Creator. The rains come, and the tree just soaks it in. The drought comes, and the tree will rely on the times of rain when the Lord provided water. The tree knows not what each day will bring, but nonetheless, stands in the presence of the Lord and takes whatever comes. The tree knows that God will see to it's every need according to His will. The tree bends and sways with the will of the Father as the winds blow at times softly through it's branches, and at other times with the force of fury.
Today, as I was reading God's word, I was comforted by the message. It was as follows: James 1:2-3 "Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you encounter various trials, for you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance."
And Psalms 119: 71-72 "It was good for me to be afflicted, in order to learn your laws. Teaching from your lips is more precious to me than heaps of silver and gold."

My humble prayer

Lord,
Teach me to be joyful in ALL things. Allow not my will but your own to be my goal. Forgive me for seeking my own intentions, when I should be seeking yours. Grant me wisdom to sustain me in my trials.
Amen

No comments: