Monday, May 24, 2010

To Judge and to be Judged

Greetings! Tomorrow I will be clock-watching and praying and wondering if someone else's schedule is running "on time"!! Our hearing, the one we have been waiting for for a whole year, is finally here! Tomorrow at 10:30 am Guatemala time, a judge will sit on the judge's seat in a courtroom in Guatemala City. That judge will look at our case, and decide what to do. I do not know this judge. I have written a letter a long time ago to this judge. I have prayed for this judge, and I have wondered what I could do to impress upon this judge just how much I love the little girl staring back at her from the page her picture is attached to. How can one person decide the future of another? The decision this judge makes will cause many ripples in the ocean that is the life of a child. I would hope that this judge takes the time to pray to the One True Judge before making any decision. The Judge of heaven and earth. That Judge will give divine wisdom, if only the other judge will seek it. Wisdom. How wonderful is wisdom. It guides us to the path of righteousness. It is ours for the asking. I am asking for wisdom to be given to this judge. I am asking that this earthly judge seek God's plan for the future of this child. I am asking that somehow, some way, this earthly judge will know that this tiny daughter has a family to call her own. A family that has waited almost four years for her to join them. A family committed to caring for her for the rest of her life. Our family. I am asking that this earthly judge seek the guidance of the Heavenly Judge. After all, this tiny daughter has a name, and her name has a meaning, and that meaning is : "God is my Judge."

No comments: