Friday, May 21, 2010

Lord Prepare Me

Well, I guess you decided to check one more time to see if I would write anything:-) I am glad you did!! We have much to discuss, but I cannot possibly write it all down. Just know that God has been being "God" and He has been working with me, in me, and through me. Not an easy job, I tell you :-) This year started off very well, with a visit trip in January to Guatemala to see my daughter. I met with our attorney while there, and found out that we had a hearing scheduled that I didn't know about. Imagine my surprise as well as my delight!! Of course, when I found out that the hearing wasn't until May, I was a bit upset. What is a Momma to do but wait?? After the initial disappointment, I realized that a hearing was a good thing, even if I had to wait five months for it to happen. "Lord, prepare me" was a prayer I uttered. I needed prepared for the lengthy wait that stretched before me. I needed to be prepared for the calender to creep by as I waited. I asked the Lord for things to do while I waited so that the time would fly by!! WHEW!! He delivered! Nothing like back to back dance competitions in two different cities with a snow storm thrown in there to boot, then there was the updating of all of the powerpoints for my class I teach, and then there was Easter and a party for my daughter's 11th birthday. Then One son decided he wanted to move into an apartment...then a second son decided that his brother had a great idea!! Okaaaaay. Now I had to run around and find stuff for TWO apartments!! When they were both out, it was then that my daughter decided to "change rooms" which included re-painting walls and re-doing a bathroom to befit a true "tween"...oh, and Mom, can it be done BEFORE my party??? AHHHHH. Needless to say it all worked out, and then we breathed for a moment as we looked forward to the year end dance recital,which took place last weekend. All is quiet just in time for the official countdown to the hearing which will be next Tuesday. "Lord, prepare me for the last few days which will be the hardest of all." He has given me divine strength and encouragment. From everywhere He has placed before me a banquet of mercy, compassion, support, surprises, and rest. GOD IS AWESOME!!!! No doubt about it!! I have received EVERYTHING from my Lord! He has left NOTHING out. His grace has flowed in abundance, and He has drenched me with His Spirit.
Today I pray in thanksgiving for all He has done for me. I sing praise to my Lord and God who keeps all of His promises. I also pray, "Lord, prepare me...for the next step you want me to take. I know the hearing is looming in my future, but You know the outcome. If you are telling me ,"Do not let your heart be troubled", then I won't:-) These last four days could be spent in anxiousness or worry. The last four days could be spent in praise and worship. Hmmm. Praise and worship it is!!
Lord, Prepare me...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

WOW!!! Please e mail me when you know something Robin!!!!