Monday, April 27, 2009

Easter




We grabbed the camera and took a couple of shots before the kiddos changed their clothes. There is even one of me and the Wubby :-) This was the first Easter that our oldest son was not with us. It was very strange and sad and ,well, a milestone of sorts. He is growing up as are all of my children, and I will cherish all the times we do have together. It is a time in my life that I knew would one day come, and as I turn the page in this chapter of my life book, I know I will always go back and re-read my thoughts to remember what details I can of the childhood that I was able to give to my children. My youngest son graduates from high school next month, and I realize that for all of the struggles we all go through as parents, one common goal is to see them through graduating from high school. I feel so blessed to have gotten them this far, and know that it is only by the grace and mercy of God that we are here today. Thank you Jesus for being my constant companion as I mothered these beautiful lives you have given into my care. They are your children, and I ask that you bless them and keep them safe from all harm. Guide them in your ways, and use me in whatever way you need to to accomplish your work in them.
Amen.

No comments: