Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursday Already???

Hola my friends!
I am still here enjoying this lovely time. I wish you were all here with me. You see, there are so many children to hold and to love that it seems impossible for me to get to every one enough times in a day. My heart bleeds for these little ones who may never have homes of their own. Their eyes cry out for attention and their arms reach high for someone to pick them up. The reward? Lets just say that I have seen the face of God and lived! These children are the very face of God. No doubt about it.
My little sweetie is a wonder. She is so very smart and independent. She doesn't like to rely on anyone. She does ask for help if she cannot do the task, but she never asks before trying hard for herself first.I love the way she holds up her hands in the air about to the level of her ears and says,"TAH" when she does something. We say Ta-Da. When she wants to show me she has finished the bite she has in her mouth she opens wide and shows me it is all gone!! Like my sweet Summer Rain, Y also pays very close attention to details. Nothing gets past her eyes!!LOL! She loves to jump and run and ride and play ball. Not a girly girl this one. Oh so beautiful!! The Wubby will have his hands full with his two daughters when they start to date!!LOL!!
My days are filled with her smile and my nights are filled with longing to bring her home. It feels so right to be here with her, yet it feels so wrong to leave without her. She will come bravely one day, but we will have a long road to build trust. She is old enough now, that she has seen so many of her little friends leave, and not come back. That is good for them, but for Y it seems a terrible thing. She has a good life here, but she needs a family and a home of her own. She doesn't understand that she will have an even more wonderful life when she comes to our family. Here she has nothing that is hers. There is no ownership of anything. Not a single toy, not a single shirt, not a shoe nor a sock. Most importantly, not a mother or a father. The Special Mothers here are incredible women. They truly are, but they are not the mothers of these little ones, they share their love while they are here, but they go home to families, and someone else steps in. Y doesn't realize that these women are not hers. I am hers. One day she will know that, and so much more. I will have to sit with her for many nights and comfort her. We have to build our relationship. I will tell her all about her life here, and her birthmother. I will see saddness beyond belief in her eyes, and it will be my job to help her deal with all of her pain. I cannot erase what has been, but I can assure her of comfort, understanding, and love. I know I can count on our Father to lead me in the way to reach out to Y and help her. He knows the secret to unlocking her trust. He will whisper that way to me. I am counting on it!

5 comments:

Momma said...

Robin,

Once again Im tearing up at one of your posts. I'm so happy you have been able to spend this precious time with "Y". I continue to pray fervently for your peace and strength. I know God will blanket you with both. Stay strong amiga.
As you once said "Miracles happen every day." I am anxiously waiting for your miracle. I look forward to rejoicing with you.

Much Love Amiga.
Angie

Angie said...

I can imagine you there at HH. That magical place that has given us so much. These precious memories will one day be just that after "Y" is home with her forever family. I'll be praying for you as you leave her tomorrow. I only had to do it one time and it was hard enough. Sending our love south to you both!
Angie and Emma

Michelle said...

You are a wonderful Mother. Just perfect for "Y"

Emily said...

Well I was going to write exactly what Michelle did, she beat me to it.

Michelle Riggs said...

My heart breaks for all of the children who may never have parents.

Y will trust you and love you with all of her heart. God's hand is on your family.